On today's episode of the Stephanie Miller Show:
• Democratic Strategist Karl Frisch calls in at 9am ET / 6am PT to talk about next week’s elections
• Lily Eskelsen Garcia, President of the National Education Association, calls in at 10am ET / 7am PT to talk about next week’s election
• Health care reform expert Jacki Schechner calls in at 10:30am ET / 7:30am PT for “Jacki’s Healthcare Corner”
• Comedy duo Frangela joins us in the Los Angeles Bureau for the 11am ET / 8am PT hour
• Nurse Kaci Hickox, who treated Ebola patients in West Africa, ended her voluntary quarantine Wednesday, signaling a potential showdown with state police monitoring her home and state health officials seeking to legally enforce it.
• Democrats are rushing to save suddenly vulnerable House incumbents, even in states where President Obama cruised to double-digit victories, amid fresh signs of Republican momentum less than a week before the midterm elections.
• Attorney General Eric Holder says that he is beyond exasperated — he is “mad,” in fact — at the leaks pouring out of the investigation into the police shooting death of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri.
• The San Francisco Giants beat the Kansas City Royals 3-2 last night to take the World Series title. Some fans in San Francisco celebrated by burning couches and other debris in the streets of the city.
Sign up for Our Newsletter
Get updates about the policies and topics that matter the most to you. Progressive news directly to your email.