On today's episode of The Stepanie Miller Show:
• The Rude Pundit calls in at 9:30am ET / 6:30am PT to talk about Ebola and President Obama
• Voice Deity Jim Ward joins us in the Los Angeles Bureau at 10am ET / 7am PT for Maximum Mookage Mondays
• Ebola fears are beginning to ease for some today as a monitoring period passed for those in Dallas who had close contact with a victim of the disease and after a cruise ship scare ended with the boat returning to port and a lab worker on board testing negative for the virus.
• On Sunday the Pentagon announced that Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel had ordered the formation of a 30-person military support team to assist civilian medical professionals in the U.S. to treat Ebola.
• The U.S. military said Sunday that for the first time it had airdropped weapons, ammunition and medical supplies to Kurdish forces defending the Syrian city of Kobani against ISIS militants.
• Marching onto the campaign trail for the first time this year, President Obama cast Dems’ success in this year’s midterm elections as a chance to further the policies he’s fought for in the White House. “Don’t give up now,” he said in Illinois yesterday. “Not after we’ve made this much progress.”
Sign up for Our Newsletter
Get updates about the policies and topics that matter the most to you. Progressive news directly to your email.