It’s no secret that there’s a special place in Feministing’s heart for academic feminists. It’s a rare treat, though, to see what distinguished profs and researchers think about outside the classroom. Twitter can offer a little window into this world, so here are five of our favorite feminist academics to follow.
- Koritha Mitchell (@ProfKori): author of award-winning book Living with Lynching. black feminist. cultural critic. runner.
- Mimi Thi Nguyen (@Inzombia): What kind of monster are you?
- Lisa Wade, PhD (@lisawade): Professor of Sociology at Occidental College, blogger for Sociological Images (@socimages), lover of dinosaurs, cocktails, and music with lots of brass.
- Ruth Nicole Brown (@knowandremember): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OomZIYFmFkE
- Salamishah Tillet (@salamishah): UPENN Professor, co-founder @ALongWalkHome, author of Sites of Slavery, writing about Nina Simone, blogs for @TheNation, feminist, and sports fanatic.
Nominate for next week’s installment in the comments! We’re particularly looking for activists tweeting about their on-the-ground work. Links appreciated. Of course, make sure to follow @feministing.
Alexandra Brodsky spends too much time on the internet.
Sign up for Our Newsletter
Get updates about the policies and topics that matter the most to you. Progressive news directly to your email.