Welcome to our first installment of Feministing Follow Friday! Every week, we’ll suggest five bad ass feminists to follow on Twitter. Nominate others in the comments for next week’s list.
- Adrienne Keene (@NativeApprops): Writer behind Native Appropriations. ᏣᎳᎩ (Cherokee Nation) EdD student studying Native higher Ed, passionate about representations of Natives. Now dissertating.
- Ai-jen Poo (@aijenpoo): Director of
@domesticworkers, Co-Director of @CaringAcrossgen
- Wagatwe Wanjuki (@wagatwe): Feminist blogger, survivor & web/tech lover passionate about politics, social justice & ending
#VAW. blogs @fyeahfeminists, works @rhrealitycheck.
- Melissa Gira Grant (@melissagira): Writing sex, rights, & the internet (Nation, Guardian, In These Times). Author, Playing The Whore: The Work of Sex Work (Verso, 2014) // [email protected]
- Janet Mock (@JanetMock): Writer.
#Girlslikeus Founder. Author of #RedefiningRealness (Preorder at http://redefiningrealness.com ). I love @cockapoocleo + pop cult http://on.fb.me/165oJGV
Nominate for next week’s installment in the comments! We’re particularly looking for activists tweeting about their on-the-ground work. Links appreciated. And, of course, make sure to follow @feministing.
Alexandra Brodsky spends too much time on the internet.
Sign up for Our Newsletter
Get updates about the policies and topics that matter the most to you. Progressive news directly to your email.